Keswick Vineyards is a family owned and operated Virginia winery and vineyard located in the heart of Virginia wine country on the Monticello wine trail, just outside of Charlottesville, VA. Originally from Michigan, Al & Cindy Schornberg chose the historic site that is Edgewood Estate for their dream vineyard after searching the country, recognizing its potential for producing world class wines. Specializing in producing small lots of high quality Virginia wines, a minimalist approach is taken in the winery with the focus instead being on the vineyards to produce the best possible fruit to work with. Most of the wines are fermented using natural or native yeast and all of the current red wines are bottled un-fined and un-filtered. While approachable when young, most of the wines produced at Keswick Vineyards will see 5-10 years quite easily in the bottle, reflecting the personal tastes of the owners and winemaker.
Some Notable Awards:
- Best White Wine in America (2002 Viognier Reserve) Atlanta International Wine Summit
- Winner of the 2009 VA Governor’s Cup (2007 Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Platinum Award at the San Diego International Wine Competition (2007 Heritage)
- Viognier & Viognier Reserve, highest rated by the Wine Spectator with 88 points
- Double Gold at the San Francisco International Wine Competition (2009 Cabernet Sauvignon)